Thursday, July 8, 2010

GUEST BLOG: TAGGING ALONG TO THE CAPITAL

After hearing about how much fun the "boys" were having on their day trips, I decided to tag along on the trip to Harrisburg, PA. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but it was an opportunity to spend some quality time with them and visit a college that I'm often standing next to a college fairs (John Carroll and Juniata). By the way, it is pronounced "June-e-oughta." The mountains provided a beautiful backdrop for the college. We had a great tour guide, and overall, I was impressed with the school. The baseball stadium in Harrisburg was outstanding! It's located right on the river, it was clean, and as I'm finding at most minor league ballparks, the entertainment factor was great. The promotions were fun, and they had two very enthusiastic mascots. My favorite promotion of the evening was purchasing two boxes of Rallly Roni (macaroni & cheese disguised in a red box with the Senators logo on it) for $1. The dollar went to the local food bank. At designated times during the game, we were instructed to shake our Rally Roni boxes! As we exited the stadium, we deposited our boxes into a bin which then was taken to the food bank as well. I loved it! I also enjoyed playing BINGO during the Senators time at bat. It helped keep me focused on the game. Despite the fact that I had sat through two minor league baseball games in two days that reached record temperatures of 100 degrees, I actually enjoyed myself (plus, I didn't get hit by a flying ball!).

I was glad I tagged along but will let Mike and Andrew enjoy the remainder of their explorations as a father and son team.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment