Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Making the Most of our Trips

Our trip this week was to Westminster MD to tour McDaniel College and watch a ballgame at the Hagerstown Suns. Since we will be departing from the area within the next months, I wanted to look at the area's colleges. Better to look now than later! Even though I am only a sophomore, I think that looking early is better. I have become obsessed with the book 40 Colleges that Change Lives by Loren Pope and I want to visit every one of them. Luckily, some of the colleges are in the area (McDaniel being one of them).

I don't think McDaniel gets the credit it deserves. I had heard about it previous to the book, but I never knew how great it really was. Situated in small-town Westminster, McDaniel is a small, happy community of 1,800 students. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to go to a small school close to Baltimore. I want to go to a college in a new area that I have never been so McDaniel doesn't fit that criteria.

Lunch in Westminster was followed by the drive to Hagerstown. An industrial city of old, Hagerstown NEEDS SOME HELP! It is awfully run-down and in desperate need of a new baseball stadium. The stadium is the second oldest in the minors. Needless to say, bluh! Dad and I did the tire race around the field. We had 4 inflatable tires around ourselves and raced each other. I almost knocked Dad down when we collided but I wasn't strong enough! I won the race. It was a late night. We arrived home at 11pm. Fun! I anticipate more college-MiLB road trips!

Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    That's what it's all about... dad and son.

    Best regards,

    Bob D'Amelio

    ReplyDelete