Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Sort of Summer Fun!

With my Dad's unexpected resignation from his job, summer was doomed to be dismal and full of anxiety. "There has to be a way to improve this coming summer!" I thought early in June. Dad came up with the idea of spending one day a week to go somewhere. So with that came "Unexpected Explorations."

I am a researcher and whenever I hear about something, I will rush to the computer to look it up. As soon as this idea emerged I spent the next few days finding places to go. Dad and I enjoy baseball very much. In fact, we have a tradition of going to a different major league baseball park every year. We have also been to many minor league baseball parks. Among these include, Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, Ripken Stadium, and others.

Frankly, I couldn't think of a better way to explore a region of the country while also filling up summer with fun day-trips. I've spent 4 summers in Baltimore, 2 of which were spent alone with my brother and the other one spent reading and without a job. I was 13 that summer. Now 14, almost 15 and entering the 10th grade, I am currently in an internship program, these fun "explorations" will certainly contribute to a memorable summer!

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment