Monday, June 21, 2010

Game Plan: Lemonade Time!

Turning lemons into lemonade! It's the age-old strategy of making the best of any situation. So I find myself without a job for the first time in my professional career. In fact, it may be the first time since I started feeding the dogs at Squier's Kennels in Randolph at age 13. It's been a good run - but now, at age 50 - I have more time than any other period in my life. It's the lemons.

Here comes the lemonade - so I decided to devote at least one day a week to a day trip with my son, Andrew. Time with sons is precious. I've learned that with his older brother, Alex, who is already 18, working two jobs, has a full social life, and is packing his bags (or boxes) for his move to San Diego in August to start his college life. So, I'll focus on the one who has time. Plus, it will get me out of the house at least once a week, which may be best for my marriage since my wife, Paula, actually works from home. (We might be a bit too close, both in the same house!)

Andrew was a willing partner. We both enjoy baseball and visiting new stadiums. Although just a rising sophomore, he's starting to think about college and would enjoy some early college visits. We both like history. This could be some tasty lemonade! So we're off!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment